We all have a million and one things going on and it only feels as if the days are getting shorter and shorter, and our lists are growing longer and longer.
We have to keep our body, mind, and spirit healthy in order to get done what we need to get done..if not we will go crazy. Making time for yourself is extremely important and we should strive to engage in some form of self-care at least once a week. If we don’t take the time to care for ourselves, our self-love takes a toll.. Yes, you read that correctly.. Self-love people! You need to love yourself. Why? because you are a blessing and a gift from God! what other reason do you need? If God loves you, then you should love you!
Sooo..with all that being said, here are a few my fave self-care tips and tricks!
- Face masks: who doesn’t love a good face mask? Hop in your car, head on over to Target, Ulta, Sephora (or Wal-Mart if you’re about that life) and check out the amazing face masks that are waiting for you! I prefer mud masks because they help with removing impurities (no, not sin; just the nasty junk that floats around in the air and gets stuck in your pores). Here is the one that I use by SheaMoisture.
- Mani/Pedi: so if face masks aren’t your thing, then I’m sure you will enjoy getting your hands and feet loved on. I love going to get my nails done, and on days where I feel like really spoiling myself I will throw in a pedicure too! (even though this doesn’t happen as often as I would like, I am a college student so ya know #ballinonabudget) But even when I can’t go to the nail salon, I try to show my feet some love at home since they are what helps to carry and move us around – all day, everyday! So go pick out a cute polish (or not – sorry guys!) and grab that pumice stone, your feet deserve it!
- Unplug: in the world of social media, sometimes we can get a little carried away with checking our insta feeds, updating our snap stories every 5 mintues, and making sure that we respond to all those Facebook comments. (random: remember MySpace? ahhh, memories) Sometimes we just need to put down the phone, grab a good book, and be immersed in a good story! If you’re reading any good books lately, leave me a comment below! The only reading I have been doing is for class, which is less than thrilling..
- Get your binge on: no, please do not go binge eating. I am talking about a Netflix binge people! While this may not be the best way to self-care, sometimes we need to just let go and watch a couple (or 5) episodes of our favorite TV show! Right now I am trying to finish the last season of Vampire Diaries (shouts out to Netflix for releasing it just a few days after me complaining that you didn’t have it yet, you are the real deal!).. Sometimes, when I am feeling really ambitious I will binge watch while face masking and giving myself a mani/pedi! Talk about true self-love right there…
- Quiet time: this is, ultimately, the most important thing you can do for yourself. Just set aside 15 minutes, find a quiet spot, grab your bible, a notepad, and a pen and just spend a little time with God. Why not spend your self-care time with the one who loves you most?! This is something that I am challenging myself to do more because when we start to feel overwhelmed and stressed out, the things of God are the first to go.. I am sooo guilty of this! So instead of pushing Him away, draw closer to Him and see where He takes you.. and if you’re one of those artistically gifted people then go buy a journaling Bible and let your creativity pour out onto those pages!
I hope you found some of these tips helpful! I would love to hear how you show yourself some love so leave a comment below! Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss another post!
but most importantly, don’t forget to be the light